email address for paypal queries or number for a real live person

soboredofthis
New Community Member

Can anyone help with an email address for paypal help centre or a number that will get me through to a real live person rather than a robot?? I was conned and givena dodgy email address for a payment - payment cancelled but just says pending all the time - I have no idea if this payent is going to go through or not - the email address I was given doesn't exist as far as my yahoo account is concerned as Itried to email it but got rejected. I just want to talk to paypal about it but cant find anything useful!!!

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@soboredofthis

If you were able to cancel a payment it means the seller made a mistake with the email address on their auction and could not accept your payment.

When you pay a seller it is never instant > paypal credit the seller for you and then start the process of uploading your funds to paypal from your funding source.

This is done so you get your item more quickly.

So when you cancel that payment  those funds can't do a u-turn > they have to process through to paypal who will then either return them to your funding source (if you paid with a debit or credit card), or credit your paypal balance (if it was funded from your balance or instant bank transfer), but that takes a few days and sometimes up to a week.

If you still need to contact paypal customer services click on CONTACT bottom of every paypal page > use the phone option.

WHEN YOU GET THROUGH DON'T SELECT ANY OPTIONS, JUST STAY QUIET or SAY THE WORD AGENT.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@soboredofthis

If you were able to cancel a payment it means the seller made a mistake with the email address on their auction and could not accept your payment.

When you pay a seller it is never instant > paypal credit the seller for you and then start the process of uploading your funds to paypal from your funding source.

This is done so you get your item more quickly.

So when you cancel that payment  those funds can't do a u-turn > they have to process through to paypal who will then either return them to your funding source (if you paid with a debit or credit card), or credit your paypal balance (if it was funded from your balance or instant bank transfer), but that takes a few days and sometimes up to a week.

If you still need to contact paypal customer services click on CONTACT bottom of every paypal page > use the phone option.

WHEN YOU GET THROUGH DON'T SELECT ANY OPTIONS, JUST STAY QUIET or SAY THE WORD AGENT.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.