did not get my item i paid for

Reece_01
Contributor
Contributor

i have done a claim with paypal and i needed to wait until the 26th of may for the seller to message paypal but he has not.

Now it's 27 of may so do i get a refund or do i need to wait for paypal to check it?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Did you escalate the dispute to a claim as i said in my first post?

If so then yes you should get a refund by Monday but it may even be today.

The refund should go to your paypal balance but sometimes it goes back to your funding source if you funded the original payment with a debit or credit card. If you did use a card you will get an email saying you have been refunded and then it will take  a few days to process back to your funding source.

If you funded the original payment  from your bank account or paypal balance then the refund will go back to your paypal balance and will show as soon as refunded.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Once you have escalated the dispute to a claim normally paypal gives the seller 10 days to respond with a tracking number that proves delivery and if not you get a refund on day 11.

However as day 11 is a Sunday there is a possibility the refund will be processed tomorrow...not sure on that.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Reece_01
Contributor
Contributor

well yeah i never got the item so they aint message me, the seller had 95% good feedback, and he also sent me a email after i dispute saying, i should remove the dispute so they can send the item. i gave them 5 day's after they said 2-3 working day's but still have not send the item in the time. after that he never email me again.

so tomorrow i should get the refund, will that be 2 working day until it's paid into my paypal account?

thanks

Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Did you escalate the dispute to a claim as i said in my first post?

If so then yes you should get a refund by Monday but it may even be today.

The refund should go to your paypal balance but sometimes it goes back to your funding source if you funded the original payment with a debit or credit card. If you did use a card you will get an email saying you have been refunded and then it will take  a few days to process back to your funding source.

If you funded the original payment  from your bank account or paypal balance then the refund will go back to your paypal balance and will show as soon as refunded.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.