a paypal refund into my bank account

pongo
Contributor
Contributor

Paid for items from firm in China. they wern't delivered. Paypal emailed to say they had got me a full refund. But their payment into my bank account represented only around 75% of what i'd paid for the items. Tried to deal with this on my paypal site but am just going round in circles, and electronic phone in can't deal with this unusual occurence, ie. I did get a refund, but not a full onr as paypal had stated. Luckily it was a small test order. So not a lot lost. But anyone placeing a large order, might have lost a lot of money.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Intars

Hi pongo,

Welcome to the community forum and thanks for posting.

How your money is refunded depends on how the payment was sent. If you originally paid with a credit or debit card, then that money would be refunded back to your card. Please note though that although we process these refunds back to the card immediately, it can take your card issuer up to 30 days to post that credit back to your account. If you originally paid with your bank or PayPal account balance, then that refund would be credited to your PayPal account balance. You can use that balance to fund future payments or you can initiate a transfer to your bank. You can find more about how refunds are credited here: https://www.paypal-community.com/t5/Tips-from-Moderators/The-Buyer-s-Guide-to-Refunds/m-p/986775 .

Intars

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.