Why is paypal holding my refund for more than 25 days?

physon
Contributor
Contributor

I have been made a refund of 34 euros in my paypal account about 25days ago. I have badly needed the money ever since the refund took place but I am unable to see it in my available balance in paypal. I can see it in the activities list but it is not in my available balance so I cannot withdraw it. I even checked my bank statement for the time but no such record of transaction has been done. Why hold our money for this long Paypal? We are your customers but you tend to abuse the trust we put in you on managing our money. I have even been discouraged of letting you keep on managing my online transactions any longer. I am saying this because I have searched the web and found many similar cases of paypal. I BADLY NEED THAT MONEY!!! Please help with this... 

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

tstark1986
Contributor
Contributor

Sounds like you may need to add Euros as a secondary currency on your balance manager. This should then prompt the website to automatically convert the payment into GBP and hit your available balance

Login to Me Too

physon
Contributor
Contributor

Sorry for a late reply... I had already done that before i posted about the issue but still the balance reads zero. When i check the transactions history there is a part where paypal adds money to my balance (from the refund) but  later the same date they deduct it showing that it has been transfered to my card (but i cannot withdraw it from my bank account). I JUST DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO!!!

Login to Me Too

PayPal_DavidR

Hi there,

Even when a payment is on hold you should still see it in your pending balance along with a release date. At this point I recommend giving our customer service a call on freephone 0800 358 7911 who can look into this for you.

-David R

Login to Me Too

physon
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the reply! I'm in Africa (Tanzania) so if you could help me with the customer number with its country code so that i can make a whatsapp call if possible. I'd really appreciate it...

Thanks!!!

Login to Me Too

PayPal_DavidR

Hi, can you provide me with your email address. -David R

Login to Me Too

physon
Contributor
Contributor

Hi!

Thanks for the reply. Paypal is not allowing me to share my emeil here. Can you please find a way for us to contact (like sending me your email if Paypal will allow you as a moderator)

Login to Me Too

PayPal_DaveJR

Hi physon,  Has the refund arrived bank into your card yet ? 

If you still need to reach us you can phone us on 1-402-935-2050 (charges may apply)

Or you can email us through the help and contact section of your PayPal account.

Dave_JR

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.