Why have I started to get negative money?

Luke0604
Contributor
Contributor

Basically 2 months ago, I had a minecraft server which was moderatly popular. I started to get donations and started putting them towards the server to make it better and faster. Sadly we suffered from a DDOS attack on the server causing it to close and I was unable to open it. One month later I saw that I had no money on paypal either. In fact I started to get negative money which was a shock to me. The people who gave my server money started to refund causing me to lose money. I do not use paypal anymore, but I am getting worried about it, especially every time I go on it, it seems the negativity rises. What shall I do? Please help!

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Sounds as if the people that donated money to you are doing chargebacks as they can no longer use it?

If so and you don't refund then paypal will put your account into negative until you pay them back again.

If you don't  then they pass your debt on to debt collectors.

Your best bet is to contact customer services and see if you can sort things out.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Sounds as if the people that donated money to you are doing chargebacks as they can no longer use it?

If so and you don't refund then paypal will put your account into negative until you pay them back again.

If you don't  then they pass your debt on to debt collectors.

Your best bet is to contact customer services and see if you can sort things out.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Luke0604
Contributor
Contributor

Okay, thank you for replying!

Better safe than sorry and I will give that a go.

Login to Me Too

Not-happy-guy
New Community Member
Good luck. I had no luck contacting them. I lost alot of cash because of them and my credit and they quadruple charged me even when I payed at time of purchase!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.