Was refunded for item but money not back in bank and paypal says the transaction is complete HELP

mcnultyniall99
Contributor
Contributor

i bought some thing on ebay and they i cancel the seller refunded me stragit away the funds went into my paypal and then paypal say they refunded it bank int my bank but the money is not in my bank and paypal say it is complete help

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

If you funded the original paypal payment to the seller with a debit or credit card then it won't go back to your paypal balance.

Once marked as completed it will automatically go back to your bank account or credit card but takes up to a week to process through to the bank and a bit longer for a c.c (paypal say allow 30 days but I have never waited longer than a week for mine).

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
14 REPLIES 14

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

How did you pay? 

Bank transfer or debit card via PayPal? 

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

mcnultyniall99
Contributor
Contributor

i have my debit card linked 

Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

If you funded the original paypal payment to the seller with a debit or credit card then it won't go back to your paypal balance.

Once marked as completed it will automatically go back to your bank account or credit card but takes up to a week to process through to the bank and a bit longer for a c.c (paypal say allow 30 days but I have never waited longer than a week for mine).

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

rob7her
Contributor
Contributor

have same prob mine says "pending" emailed paypal 2 days ago and the reply in 24 hours is a joke  so just emailed again   its been refunded and "pending"  with the mesage we will contact you shortly, lol please just tell us whats going on ,you tok it out of my account now put it back in

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Jessica

Hi Rob7her,

Thanks for posting in the forum.

I am sorry to hear that you haven't received a response to your email. As Kernowlass advised, the way a refund is processed will depend on the funding source. If your payment was sent using an Instant Bank Transfer, it can take up to 7 working days to process and the funds would be credited to your PayPal balance.

This is because when you pay with an Instant Transfer, PayPal pays on your behalf (to make sure that the seller receives the funds instantly) and waits between 5 to 7 working days for the funds to clear from your bank. You can find more information here

Hope this helps.

Jessica

Login to Me Too

rob7her
Contributor
Contributor

you didint read my post 

You took the funds out of my bank, they are gone i cant use the money you have it , you have had it for 4 days or more

i was refunded by the seller the day after or on that day  you took te money  you give no answer to my tex the 1st time and only when i put it on the masage board do you answer with a{ look here for answer) i have and it slitill dosent tell me wy you have my money i have no goods and no money the seller has the goods and refunded you  i have noting not even a proper answer

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Jessica

I can understand your frustration but unfortunately, we are unable to discuss any specific information here. The best thing would be to contact us via Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/PayPalUK or Twitter: @AskPayPal so that we can follow up. Alternatively, you can select the Contact Us option in your PayPal account and call us.

Thanks,

Jessica

Login to Me Too

rob7her
Contributor
Contributor

dont do face book or any other one of them 

Transaction Details    

Temporary Hold (Unique Transaction ID: 54231257D2934721J)  
Original Transaction  Date  Type  Status  Details  Amount  8 Jul 2015 Pay After Delivery to First Point Midlands Ltd  Refunded  Details -£18.99 GBP    Related Transactions  Date  Type  Status  Details  Amount  22 Jul 2015 Add Funds from a Bank Account  CompletedYour transfer from your bank account to your PayPal account is complete.
Your transfer from your bank account to your PayPal account is complete.
 Details £18.99 GBP   23 Jul 2015 Refund  Refund Pending  Details £18.99 GBP   23 Jul 2015 Temporary Hold  PlacedPayPal has placed a temporary hold while we're reviewing it. We'll contact you shortly with fu...
PayPal has placed a temporary hold while we're reviewing it. We'll contact you shortly with further information.
 ... -£18.99 GBP 

Name:   PayPal  Total amount:   -£18.99 GBP Fee amount:   £0.00 GBP Net amount:   -£18.99 GBP
  Date:   23 Jul 2015 Time:   14:17:54 BST Status:   Placed   PayPal has placed a temporary hold while we're reviewing it. We'll contact you shortly with further information.
  Subject:  
You have sent £18.99 GBP to PayPal with PayPal

just want to know what this is all about and wheh will my refund be refunded

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

You have already had the answer at least twice in this thread but here it is again. 

When you send a bank funded Instant Transfer payment, two things happen simultaneously:

- PayPal sends a request to your bank for the funds for the transaction. It takes 3-7 business days for funds to come from your bank.

- PayPal pays the seller up front for you, instantly, so that the seller will not delay in processing your order.

When refund or cancellation occurs for that payment within a few days of it being sent, the funds that PayPal paid up front for you are returned.

However, the funds from your bank account are still in transit. They haven't reached your PayPal account yet.

As soon as those funds clear, they are available for you to use or withdraw.

They may have left your bank account but that doesn't mean PayPal have it.  They use electronic transfer and it takes 5-7 business days via automated clearing to hit PayPal. 

When you pay a seller it's never instant,  PayPal credit the seller and then wait for your funds.  But they don't refund in advance this time you have to wait for your funds to play catch up. 

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.