Urgent help about refund please anyone!

Jackie268
Contributor
Contributor

So basically I bought 2 sterling silver rings (£20) paid to a seller using my paypal balance but then since she sent me a wrong one I posted it back to her straight away and paid the signed for postage out of my own pocket (though she said she'll refund me the postage as well) and requested a refund after confirmed with her.

Now the seller just messaged me saying that she has already issued a partial refund of  £10.85 but it may take up to 3 working days to show up in my account, which I'm largely in doubt with the liability of her words.

Since everytime I'm expecting a refund from online business/companies through paypal, a refund notification email would be sent almost instantly after they've made a refund to me BUT I have not got a single email from the paypal system this time indicating this seller has issued a refund nor can I find any pending refund activity on my account regarding this transaction.

I understand that funds refunded to buyers may take several days to actually arrive at the original payment method(debitcard/ paypal balance etc) but this it is not the case if I have not even got a refund notification email at the first place.

Could someone please tell me if I'm right on this? What can I do to make the seller prove that a refund has been sent through as she claimed so? Any ideas on how to ask my money back effectively ?

I'm literally so worn out now by communicating to that seller, almost 3 weeks past still not getting my refund done and refused to reply my messages on time.

Thanks so much for helping everyone!!

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Jackie268

Yes you are correct.

If the seller refunded you would have an email and it would show in your paypal account even if pending or temporary refund.

You do have the option of opening a dispute for item received but not as described and adding the tracking number of the returned item.

Then i would wait until the seller responded or sent the refund, i would not escalate to a claim yet as you may have to send the other item back as well !!

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.