Unresolved claim still pending

Tweets
Contributor
Contributor

I have a claim pending in the resolution centre.

To cut the story short, I purchased some shoes from China. I tried cancelling them after they failed to arrive within 7 days (postage stated 3-5 days/postage and was £14.99) , but they told me they had been sent. They were sent 9 days after purchasing! The shoes were for an occasion which had passed, so no longer wanted.

Paypal agreed that I should receive a refund for the shoes and the postage to me (not for return postage). I uploaded the tracking number to paypal, as requested. A message states that if they require additional information, they will contact me by 21st December.

According to Royal Mail the package has been in China since 16th December, but there has been no activity shown on the website since then. Tracking no. RH080204549GB

Does anyone know what the next stage is please? I get automatic replies from Paypal, when using the help section.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Tweets

If you don't have any luck then 'if' you funded your paypal payment via a card then contact your card issuer once the dispute has closed and see if they will do a chargeback for you.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

Pete15
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

Royal Mail tracker will not show any transit from China until it reaches GB-LALA (and may not even then).

Sometimes, items from "high risk" countries such as China (China being a place from where many illegal chemicals are often posted), it may be held up in a customs backlog for anything up to months before it shows as being received by GB-LALA (international sorting place at Heathrow).

As for the Paypal side of things - probably best to file a claim and wait til after the holidays to get in contact with them again.

Login to Me Too

Tweets
Contributor
Contributor
Thanks Pete. I have filed a claim and uploaded tracking for them to view so will have to sit and wait. At least paypal know it's been sent. Happy Christmas
Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Tweets

If you don't have any luck then 'if' you funded your paypal payment via a card then contact your card issuer once the dispute has closed and see if they will do a chargeback for you.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Tweets
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the replies. I have checked the online tracking and the returned goods have arrived at their desitnation in Cina on Christmas Day (oddly), so I should be getting a refund from Paypal as promised. Smiley Happy

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.