Unclaimed payment & cancellation of purchase

azerphoenix
New Community Member

Hello.
2 days ago I bought the goods on ebay and paid through the PayPal. The money was withdrawn from my mastercard. However, due to the fact that the seller incorrectly configured his account, the transaction with the status "unclaimed". The seller does not respond to my messages, I can not create a dispute on ebay, because I see the message: Unfortunately, PayPal reports that we can not open a case for this item.
I can not open the dispute on PayPal either:

This transaction can not be disputed at this time. This is usually because the transaction has not yet been completed. ....
I can not get money back by canceling the transaction.
Created a similar question on ebay:

Ebay Community

How can I get money back without waiting for 30 days, if the seller does not respond to messages and it is possible that his account was hacked, if I can not create disputes on ebay and on the PayPal?

Thanks in advance!

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@azerphoenix

If its unclaimed without a cancel option then it means that the email address the seller is using on his ebay account is incorrect (he may have just made a typo).

It will 'time out' at 30 days.

However if you want to contact your funding source you can ask them to reverse the pending status as the funds will now not be needed.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@azerphoenix

If its unclaimed without a cancel option then it means that the email address the seller is using on his ebay account is incorrect (he may have just made a typo).

It will 'time out' at 30 days.

However if you want to contact your funding source you can ask them to reverse the pending status as the funds will now not be needed.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.