Unauthorised payments

alisonluisi
New Community Member

On 16 September a payment went form my paypal account that I did not authorise. There was no money in my accout so I expected it to go straight from my bankaccount so I cancelled the link so the money could not be taken. I did not recognise the payment and had not authorised it. It was for several hundreds of dollars and was an eBay buyer. I immediately changed my passwords etc and phoned paypal- I was on hold so long I had to hang up.  The money didn't go from my bank account as I'd disabled the link but I now have a NEGATIVE balance on my PayPal account. When I query this with paypal via email, they say they don't recognise fraudulent activity and have closed my case in Resolution. IT ISNT SOLVED!! I need to use my eBay account but I'm stuck with a negative balance. How can this be possible? I thought PayPal offered another level of security?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Donna

Hi alisonluisi,

Welcome to the PayPal community and what a great question to start with.

As your question is very account specific, I would advise you to contact our customer care department who can help you further. You can do this by clicking on the Contact Us link at the bottom of every PayPal page. You can also contact us via our Facebook Page or Twitter @askPayPal.

-Donna

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.