Typo on payment email

AndyC01
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, 

Paid for an item last Saturday and immediately realised I had entered wrong email address. I cancelled the payment and had refund pending since. The payment left my account on Wednesday but still showing as pending 7 days later.

Surely this should have completed by now?

Thanks in advance 

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@AndyC01

Takes 5-7 working days.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Filbert79
Contributor
Contributor

Hi 

Did this get resolved, as I have exactly the same issue...payment made to a friends email address which was typed incorrectly.

Still showing as Pending, and its now 5 working days....so will it be resolved within next 2 days?

Thanks

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Filbert79

Was it pending unclaimed and if so were you able to cancel it ie was there a cancel option?

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Filbert79
Contributor
Contributor
Hi there, yes I was able to cancel the original payment about 10 mins after attempting to send it, but refund still showing as pending. Any advice please? Thanks
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Filbert79

Same as i have already said but heres the full version   Smiley Happy

>>>>>>>>

When you send a bank funded Instant Transfer payment, two things happen simultaneously:

- PayPal sends a request to your bank for the funds for the transaction. It takes 3-7 business days for funds to come from your bank.

- PayPal pays the seller up front for you, instantly, so that the seller will not delay in processing your order.

When refund or cancellation occurs for that payment within a few hours /  days of it being sent, the funds that PayPal paid up front for you are returned.

However, the funds from your bank account are still in transit. They haven't reached your PayPal account yet.

As soon as those funds clear, they are available for you to use or withdraw.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Filbert79
Contributor
Contributor
Thanks - checked again this evening, and the funds are finally in my Paypal balance!
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Filbert79

Yep advice correct then   Smiley Wink  

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.