Transactions for Facebook Marketplace

parus_apurba
Contributor
Contributor

Hi there, just wanted to know - " If I buy a product from facebook market place, pay the seller on paypal. If I don't receive the product, can paypal give me my money back ? Ofcourse as proof I will have to submit facebook chat history with the seller to confirm the transaction." If the answer is yes, can I still claim the money If I sent the money to seller as paying a friend or family ?

Thank you for your time.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@parus_apurba

You really need to read up on Paypal buyer protection so you can risk assess your transaction.

For eg if you use the friends / family option you will have ZERO buyer protection and paying that way for goods is against paypal rules.

Secondly chat history is meaningless to paypal. If its a 'virtual' item you are to receive you have minimal buyer protection. However if its a physical item then normally you are covered for non receipt if the seller does not provide a tracking number that proves delivery of the item to you.

Lastly you are only covered for SNAD if you have fully described OR have the seller fully describe the item you are expecting to arrive in the invoice when you pay.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.