The money will be refunded to the original payment method?

adesigner
Contributor
Contributor

I recently bought a ticket to an event. But found out the next day I already had a work trip for that same weekend. I contacted the company to cancel the ticket (within 24 hours). My ticket insurance wouldn't refund me the amount so I filed a dispute with the company and this is what I got:

"Thank you for reporting this case.  After reviewing your case, we found that this transaction was not unauthorized and hence couldn't be covered under PayPal Purchase Protection. "

Case closed after a day or two, but at the bottom I see "Transactions Refunded" and a green "+$000.000" which said: The money will be refunded to the original payment method.

I called the company to see the status of my ticket and they told me the bank issued a chargeback (without my knowledge). So I assume they issued a refund on their end?

Login to Me Too
13 REPLIES 13

JayHamlot
Contributor
Contributor

I am having this happen to me right now and was wondering if the money was refunded to your card and if so how long did it take?

Login to Me Too

Kiki99
Contributor
Contributor
Also curious to this outcome as I'm currently in this situation, did it get refunded?
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Kiki99

If you funded the original Paypal payment to the seller with a debit or credit card then it won't go back to your paypal balance.

Once marked as completed it will automatically go back to your bank account or credit card but takes up to a week to process through to the bank and a bit longer for a c.c (Paypal say allow 30 days but I have never waited longer than a week for mine, the last one taking 4 days).

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

jmcgowan101812
Contributor
Contributor

Hi - Did you get the refund? I am in the situation. Please respond if possible!

Login to Me Too

ill_
Contributor
Contributor

did the money ever get refunded to you?

Login to Me Too

jmcgowan101812
Contributor
Contributor

Hi - Did you ever get a refund? thanks!!

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Siobhan2

Hi adesigner,

Thank you for contacting the PayPal Community Forum and welcome as a new member!

If you open a case for an unauthorized transaction and there is no evidence of unauthorized activity on your PayPal account the case will be closed in the seller's favour.  The chargeback process is external to the PayPal system. The buyer's credit card issuer grants its members specific consumer protection which PayPal has no authority to replace or reduce.  If a Chargeback was initiated by your bank please contact them directly. 

- Siobhan

Login to Me Too

BlakeBB
Contributor
Contributor

I am in the same situation, it's been nearly a month since i made the claim and I have the "The money will be refunded to the original payment method"

But I've received nothing?

Login to Me Too

daynauth
New Community Member

I've had the same issue. 

An unauthorized purchase was done on my ebay account. 

Ebay directed me to open a ticket on paypal and I got the same message "The money will be refunded to the original payment method."

It's been 2 weeks now but no money have been returned to my debit card. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.