Still No Refund

RasmusBlack

Hi there

Hope someone can help me i tried twice on 13 december 2014 to pay a seller on ebay for a game he had put the wrong email on the listing he changed the email thus i tried twice but to no avail, so i cancelled both unclaimed payments on that same day it said immediately that the cancelation was sucsesful and payment refunded back to my debit card but i still have not recieved the money for both cancellations into my account and as it has now been over two weeks i am a little concerned

ps my bank deals with transactions very quickly so i asume the hold up is not at their end

i have tried the contact customer support link through my paypal account but the page is just blank ?

thanks mat

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

0800 358 7911

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
10 REPLIES 10

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

If you were able to cancel a payment it means the seller made a mistake with the email address on their auction and could not accept your payment.

When you pay a seller it is never instant > paypal credit the seller for you and then start the process of uploading your funds to paypal from your funding source.

This is done so you get your item more quickly.

So when you cancel that payment (as the seller can't accept it), those funds can't do a u-turn > they have to process through to paypal who will then either return them to your funding source (if you paid with a debit or credit card), or credit your paypal balance (if it was funded from your balance or instant bank transfer), but that takes a few days and sometimes up to a week.

However it may be longer due to the holiday days.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

RasmusBlack

thank you for your response

as i say it has now been over 2 weeks (two weeks and two days) though but as it is holiday time i accept it may take a little longer than the few days it normaly takes

could you possibly give me a link to customer support so i can officialy chase it up in the next day or two as the paypal customer support page link is just blank

cheers

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Click on the words "Contact" at the bottom of your paypal account summary > click on the "call us" option on the left (fees "may" apply so check the cost with your phone tariff first, as you sometimes have to wait a while to connect).

When you get through don't select any options just hang on till you get transfered to an agent or say the word "agent".

OR have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?

It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPalUK and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

RasmusBlack

thank you again but that is exactly what i did and the options presented do not work either phone or email it just reamans blank with the options listed down the right hand side that do not work

i am also not on facebook and do not wish to be is there an email adtress so i can contact them independantly at no cost

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Hang on i will go and log in to my paypal account and get the phone number, let me feed the dog first.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

0800 358 7911

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

RasmusBlack

cheers for that not sure why the links dont work for me

i will give it a couple more days for the money to turn up then give them a call if not

hope the dog enjoys his tea

Login to Me Too

PPhater
Contributor
Contributor
eBay have an issue with their new cancellations system. It doesn't cancel. Paypus therefore took 3 lots of payment from my account. Yes you got it right, no refund yet only on hold This is why I won't ever be using this service. Disgraceful service. Luckily AUS has some significant laws in place for this type of behaviour Yes paypus, the ACCC and our financial ombudsman have been contacted and yes you WILL be paying me compensation for loss as per our AUS laws. Funds do not take this long to transfer. My bank statement says you have already got funds and money is already removed from my bank, so don't rubbish me with it takes days for that money to get to us. It takes one day. Fix up your dodgy 1940s practices and treat customers fairly. You will find they might stay rather than leave in plague proportions And for the record, you lost another customer. Once my money is returned, my account is closed.
Login to Me Too

HappyNisha
Contributor
Contributor

Due to an incorrect recipient email address, funds of £1122 went through to the individual from my PayPal account. Within one hour, the recipient told me he had not received the money and the email address was verified. The payment was marked as Cancelled immediately on that very day through my PayPal account and the £1122 repaid to the correct email address.

This was on 22nd December 2014.

It is now 7th January 2015 and I am seeing two sets of £1122 have been taken out of my bank account by PayPal and have yet to be returned to me. This is mighty unprofessional considering the payment update to clearly marked as "Cancelled" now.

Disappointing that this process is flawed and that no communication has been made by PayPal Customer Services to keep me informed of what they intend to do.

Smiley Frustrated

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.