Should I close the dispute (Ebay)?

Mrsparty
Contributor
Contributor

I purchased something from a seller on Ebay about 1 month ago and the duration given for the shipping was recently up and I still did not receive the item purchased. I opened a dispute case on Paypal and the seller replied there that he would resend the item again. However, he also mentioned that he would like me to close the Paypal dispute case in order for him to resend the item.

What should I do in this case? Should I close the case or not? Thanks!

Excerpts from the above dispute discussion with the seller:

To Seller:

Hi, I have not received the item I ordered. According to your message, it should have arrived by now. (latest delivery date stated 21st July and it is 22nd July now)

I have also tried entered the tracking number given but I only get the message "Item Status not found in system".

From Seller:

Dear friends

sorry for that,i want it was lost,i can resend it and gave your a gift ,if you agree pls tell me,if you any other question pls tell me.Have a nice day

To Seller:

Ok i agree.. So what do I do now?

From Seller:

pls closed this case

thank you very much

Have a nice day

From Seller:

Dear buyer,

you still not close this dispute, pls cancel this , we are waiting for your reply soon.thank you very much

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Mrsparty

As its an ebay dispute you should really ask on the ebay boards as this has nothing to do with paypal.

BUT the advice for both is that you NEVER close a dispute until you get your item or a cleared refund.

As he is insistant you do so I strongly suspect that he won't bother to send your item and you may not be able to open another dispute.

Tell him the dispute continues until you receive your item.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Mrsparty

As its an ebay dispute you should really ask on the ebay boards as this has nothing to do with paypal.

BUT the advice for both is that you NEVER close a dispute until you get your item or a cleared refund.

As he is insistant you do so I strongly suspect that he won't bother to send your item and you may not be able to open another dispute.

Tell him the dispute continues until you receive your item.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Mrsparty
Contributor
Contributor

I see.. Apologies for posting here as I wasn't sure where to post this and thank you!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.