Seller did not ship using the Shipping method I chose

Sampb
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

This weekend I bought a phone from a chinese marketplace and chose as shipping method "Priority Direct Mail/Local Direct Express", this meaning that they send the phone to their warehouse in UK, and then it's shipped from the UK warehouse to Portugal (as if I bought it directly from EU warehouse). I even payed more 5.58USD for insurance to make sure everything went smoothly.

Yesterday I got an email saying that my order had been shipped, but they shipped it directly to my adress using the Netherlands post registered (not my chosen option)!

Because they used a different shipping option, my package will most probably stop at the portuguese customs and I'll have to pay a large amount of duty fees, besides the fact that it will take much longer to get here. 

I immediately opened a ticket at the market place, to which they answered today apologizing for their mistake and offering points for compensation!!!!???

So, my question is, can they be held responsible for any duty fees that I might have to pay because of their error?

Thank you!

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.