Seller cheated paypal when receiving item back, Not refund most payment!

cymimi03
Contributor
Contributor
Dear everyone,

I would like to ask for your help regarding my return and refund case, on which seller cheated paypal when receiving item back, and did not refund most payment!

I made purchase on her shoes on 13th October, when I received item on 18th October, I found the shoes were very difficult to walk on (the insoles were as hard as a rock) and inside of the shoes were nearly worn out, which were never shown in the pictures of her listing. When I inquired this with seller immediately after I received item, she refused to help by saying her item had no problem at all.

So I decided to open a "not as described" return case (Claim – no. PP-005-192-664-246) on 19th October according to paypal buyers protection, on which I asked for a £9 partial refund if I kept the shoes or I returned them to receive a full refund. Seller still said my case did not qualify for "not as described" so she agreed to neither of my suggestions, again refused to help at all. But I sent item back to her on 27th October by parcel2go (tracking number is P2G37956491) and tracking record shows she received it on 31st October (14:15 Signature From Customer).

Astonishingly after she received item, she contacted paypal (31/10/2016 16:08 GMT on paypal record) that she accepted £9 partial refund and "letting me to keep item"! I tried to contacted seller about this, but she never replied!

Please could you help me urgently here, I have never had such a fraudulent case before, I would like to receive a full refund please!

Yours sincerely,
Yi
Login to Me Too
11 REPLIES 11

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@cymimi03

Did you escalate the dispute to a claim?

Did paypal find in your favour?

Did paypal tell you to return the item to the seller?

Did you agree to a part refund from the seller during the dispute?

Did the seller issue you the part refund and did you accept it?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

cymimi03
Contributor
Contributor
Many thanks for your reply: "Did you escalate the dispute to a claim? -- Yes Did paypal find in your favour? -- No they refuse to help by saying I took action outside Paypal, which is not true at all! Did paypal tell you to return the item to the seller? -- No I returned it already on 31st October. Did you agree to a part refund from the seller during the dispute? -- Yes, but it was never accepted seller by saying her item had no faults! Did the seller issue you the part refund and did you accept it?" --- I received only 9 pounds, but item was already returned!"
Login to Me Too

cymimi03
Contributor
Contributor
Here is paypal's reply, which is completely unhelpful and irresponsible: ==================================== Dear Yi Cai, Thank you for contacting PayPal. Because the actions you took to resolve this claim were taken outside of PayPal's claim resolution process it is not covered under the Buyer Protection and no further action can be taken on this claim. For additional resolution you will need to contact the seller directly. For more information on how we investigate problem transactions, click "Legal Agreements" at the bottom of any PayPal page and then click "PayPal User Agreement." We appreciate your patience and cooperation regarding this matter. Please let us know if you require any further assistance. Yours sincerely, Farah Nurdiana PayPal
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@cymimi03

You agreed to a part refund which the seller sent you.

Paypal did not tell you to return the goods.

Nothing you can do now really.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

cymimi03
Contributor
Contributor

As said above,

1. I suggested both "partial + no return" and "full refund + return",  seller never agreed to either. In our communications, she claimed her item had no faults at all!

2. If paypal assumed it was a partial refund, it is not being responsible for verifying with buyer for keeping item! 

On the contrarary for example, if a buyer returns item, paypal asks for tracking information to make sure it was sent back to seller, right?!!!

Can you tell me why here, buyer was not protected at all?!!!

Login to Me Too

DearPhoebe
Contributor
Contributor

It is very fishy if "tracking record shows she received it on 31st October (14:15 Signature From Customer).

Astonishingly after she received item, she contacted paypal (31/10/2016 16:08 GMT on paypal record)". Certainly this seller is a tricky one.

Besides If a seller did not accept the case in the first place, either partial refund or full refund, it is a good idea to return to receive full refund, and I think most buyers would do so too.

I am sure paypal will be able to help you, after all item was already returned in time.

Login to Me Too

cymimi03
Contributor
Contributor
Still waiting to hear from paypal to resolve this issue.
Login to Me Too

cymimi03
Contributor
Contributor
Still waiting to hear from paypal to resolve this issue. Hope to have a result that is true to the fact, which is item was already returned, so buyer is protected as promised.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@cymimi03

If you want a response from paypal then contact customer services.

But paypal DID NOT tell you to return the item, you chose to do that off your own bat so there is nothing for paypal to resolve.

So if you don't follow the procedure of buyer protection then you can't expect to still have that buyer protection.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.