Scammer claimed a refund

domanom
Contributor
Contributor

Hey there, I recently sold an iPad to a woman on eBay and shipped it as soon as I recieved the money however the buyer then shortly after got a refund and her money back. I am now in debt of £200 to PayPal because of this scammer I mean there was 0 faults with the iPad as it was factory new. I have tried messaging paypal about this but they are having none of it and I have also tried messaging the buyer but she has blocked me on eBay (evidence that she is a scammer).

I can not afford to pay this as I have a daughter to feed and rent to pay and il get evicted from my flat if I pay this debt that she has left me in. What can I do about this as there was no reason for a refund to be claimed other than being a scammer so now she has her money back and my iPad. I am getting very worried/infuriated about this.

thankyou!

Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

It would help if you said what the dispute was filed for??

1. Item not received.

2. Item received but not as described.

3. Chargeback or unauthorised purchase. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

domanom
Contributor
Contributor
non of them, the only reason I got was "you didn't reply to my message" when I asked why she claimed the refunded, bear in mind she never asked the question the proceeded to block me.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

sorry but a buyer has to file a dispute to get a refund?

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

domanom
Contributor
Contributor
ahh yes sorry I must've read your answer wrong. She did but she had no reason too other than being a scammer
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

OK but she had to select an option so did she file for non receipt of item OR item received but not as described??????????????????????????????

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

sergisorok
Contributor
Contributor
Dear Kernowass!

This situation not ok, not by.

This very big poblem in PayPal and PayPal make scammer, trif, swinder buyer side and help him stolen seller money.

I have similar case, swindler buyer open not-receipt case after them this buyer confirm recieipt item  and not close case.

Buyer's name: xxxx xxxx
Buyer's email: 
Transaction ID: 09W30697CA3725103

Transaction date: 7 Dec 2014
Transaction amount: 70.99 GBP
Your transaction ID: 31X51794D2384271J
Case number: PP-003-666-650-321

Refund amount: 70.99 GBP
PayPal not write this confirm info, not check send track info, which i add in case only send money to swindler and help stolen my money.

Onece recomend wrote many messege in this community case, may be any Paypal worker seen that and reduce problem.

Becouse Paypal not get for right resolution case or claim any thing.

kernowlass
Volunteer Advisor
Kudos: 1412
Accepted Solutions: 922
Re: Scammer claimed a refund

OK but she had to select an option so did she file for non receipt of item OR item received but not as described??????????????????????????????

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

domanom

Sorry your thread was hijacked by another.

If you can come back and state what the dispute was for then i could give you some advice.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

sergisorok
Contributor
Contributor

Dorvanom!

Possiblle help for you case and helping more seller in similar case.

1.If case not close, direct case to claim.

2. After claim open you can add proff of sending item as foto in scan, number track send item and off couse many info in conversation  messege's with buyer and seller in case both side, becouse PayPay not read messege in case or claim without link to messege info.

3. Greate problem post or some post's  with scan, proff, many info with you case and situasion,in similar directory's, in PayPal community for issue your helping  PayPal support, which read offten only specific post, for many choise with helping and suppopting for you.

4. In finally claim issue a vafour not-right buyer you as seller have 10 day after claim closed, re-activate claim with add proff, scan, info again or new info in re-open claim for direction in your right side.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.