Scammed for £450. Didnt have money to post the item back in time. Paypal closed the case.

JRH51
Contributor
Contributor

Bought something for £450.

It came and was fake.

Seller was being rude, wouldnt offer a refund after communicating. 

Have complete evidence to support my case and there's absolutely no way he can get out of this if paypal reviewed my evidence.

please help this has ruined me

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@JRH51

Personally i would phone customer services and ask them to appeal their decision as you have new supporting evidence.

Click on the words "Help / Contact" at the bottom of paypals pages and use the phone option in the blue band at the top. Log in and get the code.

When you get through don't select any options just hang on till you get transfered to an agent or say the word "agent".

In the UK its free from any landline phone.

Secondly I would contact the seller and state that unless you get a refund you will be contacting trading standards and reporting him for selling fakes. Sometimes that threat will work.

If not then thirdly you have the option of the small claims court.

Lastly if you funded your paypal payment via a card and paypal don't give you a refund then contact your card issuer and see if they will chargeback for you.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.