Scam Advice

Nikeygeo
New Community Member
Hi - last night someone hacked my uncles Facebook and was messaging me asking if I had a PayPal account email address they could use to send to a buyer for something they sold. I told him the email address and within a few minutes a payment arrived in my PayPal. Then the hacker asked for my mobile number so they could whatsapp me account details as he had recently got a new phone. This is when alarm bells went off and I asked him to prove himself with a question only my uncle would know, then all went quiet. Later confirmed his account was hacked. Now I am left with this money in my account and I think they are expecting some goods to be sent in return as there is a delivery address linked to it. What do I do?
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Donna

Hi Nikeygeo, and welcome to the PayPal community.

I am sorry to hear this has happened to you.

As your question is very account specific, I would advise you to contact our customer care department who can help you further. You can do this by clicking on the Contact Us link at the bottom of every PayPal page. You can also contact us via our Facebook Page or Twitter @askPayPal.

I hope this helps,

-Donna

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.