Same old problem paypal keeping hold of money

badger64
Contributor
Contributor

I Have a refund saying it is completed in paypal £279.99 but the money is still not in my bank ???. Regardless of this being brought up many times before and the excuses that paypal give are usually a load of bull*. I paid for the item with my debit visa card and the money was taken out of my bank instantly NOT paypal paying for it first then taking it out of my bank, I waited to get this refund and even though it was in paypal saying it was completed I brought another item for a small amount and when I clicked on pay with paypal it told me I had to choose another option or add another card as there was not enough funds to complete this transaction ? now that doesn't sound like paypal paying for it first to me ? also the original money which should of been there because paypal said it was completed, why wasn't it taken from that ?

I returned an item to B&Q the other day and they refunded me the money onto the very same card I use for paypal, when I got home and checked my bank the money was there ?? now if B&Q can do it why can't paypal. I also phoned my bank just to check with them what happens about refunds coming back into my account when using my debit visa card and they told me when a person refunds you back onto the card that you paid with it WILL show up in my bank instantly and I would be able to access the funds straight away but it won't show on my statement for a couple of days. In the past if I have had a refund with paypal for very small amounts like £2.99 or £14.99 for instance it as been in my account as soon as I've been given the refund. So why do they take so long with the larger amounts. 

The ONLY reason paypal hold your money for so long for is so they can get the interest in their bank account, imagine out of the billions of people that use paypal if they have only 40,000 refunds of say £200 each that's £8,000,000 in their bank, image the interest they will get on that, so the longer they hold onto your money the better it is for them and that's why our money don't go back into our account straight away.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

snoozyblue
Contributor
Contributor

If you've paid with a debit card, PayPal are legally obligated to put it back onto the same card. When a refund is processed via a card, it takes the card issuer between 2-7 working days to get it back into your bank account. PayPal doesn't have any control over this process as it's with the banks. It sounds like this is what you're currently experiencing.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.