Returned DD concern

Hello, I have just noticed on my account TSB account I have a returned DD. However, the item I've bought has already been paid for (take out food). My Paypal account isn't showing any problems and just looks normal (not negative, but showing that the food has been paid for) but my bank account hasn't been debited for the meal. What's going to happen? Is paypal going to attempt to take the payment again? Is Paypal going to charge me? I'm just very confused about the whole situation.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Kierenjroberts

When you pay a seller it is never instant > paypal CREDIT the seller for you and then paypal take the wait for your funds to transfer from your bank account (about 5-7 days).

This is so you get your item more quickly.

If when they go to take that money there are not enough funds in your bank account then normally they will try a few days later > if that again fails then they will try your back up card that is linked to your paypal account.

If all that fails they may well put your account into negative until you pay them back again.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Kierenjroberts

When you pay a seller it is never instant > paypal CREDIT the seller for you and then paypal take the wait for your funds to transfer from your bank account (about 5-7 days).

This is so you get your item more quickly.

If when they go to take that money there are not enough funds in your bank account then normally they will try a few days later > if that again fails then they will try your back up card that is linked to your paypal account.

If all that fails they may well put your account into negative until you pay them back again.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Thank you so much. I've been worrying a lot about that.. 😄

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.