Requesting my money back after a buy that seemed a fraud

CrankVC
Contributor
Contributor

Hello community,

More than a week ago a friend and i made an order from an online store through his paypal but we both payed for the product through his pay pal account, (im speaking through my account cause we don't share our passwords).

Anyways, the store said that needs 1 to 5 days in order to post our product. more than  5 days passed and the order status are still the same without any updates, we already sent 2 emails to the seller so far without any response. Also, even after receiving the order and the payment the seller hasn't sent a confirmation or anything to us, only paypal did sent their receipt. Yesterday we made a dispute cause we havent received any message from the seller, and now, 24 hours after, still nothing, making us believe that this was a fraud 100%.... we stated all these in our dispute form but no help so far.

What should we do next? The seller doesn't seem to respond at all (like he is dead or something), What can we do after this dispute in order to receive our money back ASAP? Need help everyone!

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Escalate the dispute to a claim when you get that option and leave the rest up to paypal.

As long as you met buyer protection criteria you should get your refund.

I give up my time to help you so a thank you or kudos would be cool.

Marking one of my replies as a solution would be appreciated if I sorted your problem.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Escalate the dispute to a claim when you get that option and leave the rest up to paypal.

As long as you met buyer protection criteria you should get your refund.

Marking one of my replies as a solution would be appreciated if I sorted your problem.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

CrankVC
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks A LOT for your quick response. Though what do you mean with ''As long as you met buyer protection criteria you should get your refund.'' How do i know i meet buyer protection criteria? you mean from what happened from the whole situation paypal will be closer to ''my side''?

I will be sure to select your answer as the solution as soon as i receive my money back, cause both me and my friend are in a tight and upset kind of mood atm....

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

You should really read up on buyer protection before you start using paypal so you know how you are covered.

You can find it via help top of page and put in buyer protection OR you can go to the very bottom of paypal pages > legal agreements > user agreement > buyer protection.

But basically as long as you paid for a physical item using the send money > goods option then you should be covered, but go read up on the rest of it anyway as there are exclusions eg if you paid a deposit or sent in installments etc.

I don't work for paypal so can't guarantee you a refund so a solution to your problem is not in my remit, all i can offer you as a solution is the advice on how to go about getting your money back.

Good luck.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

CrankVC
Contributor
Contributor

Its been years since i made my account and i really don't remember all that stuff, you are right though i will re-visit that section now.... As far as i know the order was made exactly as you buy from an online retail store, and i will continue to a claim as you suggested but tommorow (to see if there is any chance of the seller answering to the dispute).... I just hope to get my money back cause im in a really tight economical situation.

thanks again!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.