Refunds

SOOTYBEAN
Contributor
Contributor

I paid for goods using an Instant bank transfer.  It was accepted then almost immediately refunded in full because the item was out of stock.  On my Paypal account the refund is listed as 'Completed' and in the 'Details' both my payment and the refunded are fully listed.

The 'history' of the transaction list the instant bank transfer crediting my paypa as account as £x before the £x is sent to the vendor who then refund the £x but my paypal account registers £0.00 i.e. NO £x.  So where has my money gone? Any ideas would be gratefully appreciated.

The paypal helpsite is as much use as a chocolate ashtray and 'Louise' their virtual helpful is worse!

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Two ideas.

1. Are you sure it was instant transfer and not via your debit card?

2. Have you bought anything and paid with paypal SINCE the refund was credited?

If so then paypal will always take from your paypal balance rather than your normal funding source if their are funds in that paypal balance.

To check click on the word "details" next to any recent transactions and see how they were funded. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

SOOTYBEAN
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the idea but it was instant bank transfer and I haven't used it since those two transactions.  Having read the details again it actually states my paypal account should have been credited, but it hasn't.  I should although all other details are in black type, the last note I referred to was in grey.

Login to Me Too

RichardBall
New Community Member

I am having exact same problem, and Paypal haven't replied to either of my 2 emails in the past few weeks!

Missing over £160 and don't know where they are hiding it.

Quick enough to take the cash but when its to come back they take their sweet time.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.