Refund

Haylesy85
New Community Member
So what happened... My Aunty agreed to lend me money to buy a car, the seller did not want to accept cash and I didn't have access to online banking at the time I needed it so we agreed to do a PayPal transaction. Me being abit of a dumbo and my aunt a complete novice at PayPal I sent my aunt a request for funds not knowing I would get charged, the funds appeared in my account minus the fees which left me short for what I needed to buy my car so I refunded the money back to my aunt so that she could gift it back to me without incurring fees. In the meanwhile PayPal placed the funds on hold for 5-7 working days.. Now at the time the seller of the car was being very reasonable and said he would hold the car for me until the money had cleared but now he is saying he could really do with the car being sold. It has currently been 5 complete working days and there is still no sign of the funds clearing! My question is.. Usually when it says 5-7 working days does it take the full 7 days or is there a possibility it may clear sooner? I'm really worried I'm gona lose the car now and I think PayPal is being very unreasonable
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Haylesy85

Paypal are being unreasonable!!!

I think the onus is on you to learn how paypal works before you start using it rather than blaming them when things go wrong.

When someone sends you a payment it is never instant. > paypal CREDITS you and then paypal waits for the funds to transfer from the senders bank account etc to pay them back again.

If that payment is instantly refunded then you have to wait for those funds to complete through to paypal and then they are credited back to your sender, they can't refund monies they have not received yet.

Also there is NO BUYER PROTECTION on paypal for motor vehicles so i would not be using paypal to pay that way but thats your choice.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Haylesy85

Paypal are being unreasonable!!!

I think the onus is on you to learn how paypal works before you start using it rather than blaming them when things go wrong.

When someone sends you a payment it is never instant. > paypal CREDITS you and then paypal waits for the funds to transfer from the senders bank account etc to pay them back again.

If that payment is instantly refunded then you have to wait for those funds to complete through to paypal and then they are credited back to your sender, they can't refund monies they have not received yet.

Also there is NO BUYER PROTECTION on paypal for motor vehicles so i would not be using paypal to pay that way but thats your choice.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.