Refund

Gaynor2406
Contributor
Contributor

I recently ordered an item paid for it in GB sterling which appeared on my Paypal account in GB Sterling - the item was out of stock and was duly refunded in GB sterling but on my paypal account it was less than the merchant refunded.  It looks to me that it was due to exchange rate, that does not make sense and I am out of pocket.

Can anyone explain please

Many thanks

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Gaynor2406
Contributor
Contributor

That's interesting thank you

I will get back to the merchant to see if that is the case

You have been very helpful, thank you

Regards

Gaynor

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Gaynor2406

Currency conversion changes on a daily basis.

So what you 'buy' when you pay may not the same when you get it back again if the currency conversion rate has changed.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Gaynor2406
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks but I don't understand why it was converted at all - I was charged in sterling and that wasn't altered so why was the refund which was paid back in sterling?  I wasn't buying from abroad.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Gaynor2406

oh sorry, misread that.

Are you sure it says currency conversion? Only it sounds as if the seller may have 'sent' the payment rather than used the 'refund' option?

If he sent it using the goods / services option then paypal would charge you  a fee.

If its not that then sorry no idea, UNLESS the seller was in another country when you would get a cross border fee even if you paid in sterling.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too
Solved

Gaynor2406
Contributor
Contributor

That's interesting thank you

I will get back to the merchant to see if that is the case

You have been very helpful, thank you

Regards

Gaynor

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.