Refund trouble

Driver170
Contributor
Contributor
I bought a product through paypal on prosim website selling second hand flight sim hardware. I purchased a 737 simworld overhead panel at 3680 euro but found out today its the old version (2 years old) the seller in germany a person not a company hasn't yet dispatched the item. But he is refusing a refund. Can i get a refund guys? Thanks.
Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

Driver170
Contributor
Contributor
Guys the seller just said Well last offer for you. I would cancel these when you take the EFIS and leave a whole compension amount 500€. I think its better than nothing Compensation for him?
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Driver170

On paypal you can file for item not received OR item received but not as described.

However with the latter it would depend how much information was on the website or invoice etc when you paid that paypal can view to see if it was indeed misdescribed.............also you may well have to return the item back to the seller at your own expense if paypal finds in favour of you.

BUT you may have added protection if you paid via a credit card with paypal and you could do a chargeback ..........you would need to talk to your card issuer about that one.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Driver170
Contributor
Contributor
It was sold on a flightsim forum. He only mentioned the name of the product but nothing about how old it is or a full working description. My concern is if i decline the solution i may not get my full refund because i should of asked for a description? Is that right that i should of asked first before buying? He has not yet shipped the item. I paid by credit card!
Login to Me Too

Driver170
Contributor
Contributor
I did ask on a PM how old and what version this hardware is and he ignored the question. Is that good evidence? I can screen shot it and send it to paypal
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.