Refund to Deleted Card

Minonami
Contributor
Contributor

I used a Prepaid card I got on my birthday to buy some items off of ebay. But they weren't up to quality so I returned them, But I no longer have the Card physically or on my Paypal Wallet, because I emptied it out with the purchase and threw it away. So will the money go to my Paypal balance or will my money end up in some landfill on the card?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Tuesdayweld65
Contributor
Contributor

Love your sense of humour - card could end up at landfill! Heart

I have looked up details about eBay gift cards and does clearly state on eBay website that If you return an item you bought with an eBay Gift Card, the refund is credited back to your Gift Card.  I would contact your sellers you returned the items and request that they refund you via your PayPal email address so it can go straight into your PayPal account - you can then transfer it to your bank later.   If they have already refunded you and it has gone back onto the gift card (though not very likely as you removed card from your PayPal account), tell them to cancel refund if possible and to refund you via your PayPal email address instead.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3
Solved

Tuesdayweld65
Contributor
Contributor

Love your sense of humour - card could end up at landfill! Heart

I have looked up details about eBay gift cards and does clearly state on eBay website that If you return an item you bought with an eBay Gift Card, the refund is credited back to your Gift Card.  I would contact your sellers you returned the items and request that they refund you via your PayPal email address so it can go straight into your PayPal account - you can then transfer it to your bank later.   If they have already refunded you and it has gone back onto the gift card (though not very likely as you removed card from your PayPal account), tell them to cancel refund if possible and to refund you via your PayPal email address instead.

Login to Me Too

Minonami
Contributor
Contributor

It worked, Thanks for all the help.

Login to Me Too

Tuesdayweld65
Contributor
Contributor

Total Thanks for accepting my reply - would love a first Kudos if you are happy to do this?.

You will get a result one way or another if you persevere - sellers don't mind you asking for their help about refunding to a different card/PayPal account.

Wish you best of luck and let us know how you get on.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.