Refund refused

Monica2016
Contributor
Contributor
Hi Over a month ago I bought something from ebay and never received it. Contacted ebay seller who provide me with tracking number. According to tracking history parcel was delivered to my porch. As you can probably guess, I've never received my order. I've contacted seller who said I need to claim it with courier company and that he'll provide claiming form. Since that I haven't receive anything. Ebay will not help me as seller have prove of delivery. Is there anything else I can to do get my money back? What If I'll open case on Paypal? Will they help me to get my money back?
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Monica2016

If the item was supposed to require a signature then Hermes should not have just left it.

Personally i would be insisting that they were paid to deliver the item to YOU and not leave it in an unsafe place.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
9 REPLIES 9

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Monica2016

To be honest if the tracking number shows the item as delivered to your house then the seller has done all that they could and I don't feel they should have to refund you.

You need to do as the seller advised and take it up with the company that delivered it.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Monica2016
Contributor
Contributor
I already did. Hermes will not help me and they told me to contact seller, who is ignoring my emails. So I suppose I can't do anything about it.
Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Monica2016

If the item was supposed to require a signature then Hermes should not have just left it.

Personally i would be insisting that they were paid to deliver the item to YOU and not leave it in an unsafe place.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Daffodilly
Contributor
Contributor

I was told by other eBay members that it was always the seller's responsibility to chase up any claims for non-delivery, damage etc. whether it be via a courier or the mail system.  Your seller is the one who initiated the delivery and they should be chasing it up.  If Hermes do not have YOUR actual signature for acceptance of the parcel then there is nothing to prove that the driver hasn't scribbled any old signature and kept your goods.  I'm not saying they have, simply that it's possible for it to happen.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Daffodilly

If the online tracking number shows the item as DELIVERED then the seller has fulfilled their responsibility and any paypal claim for non receipt of item will fail.

The seller may "assist" a buyer to chase the company but they do not have to in this situation.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Monica2016
Contributor
Contributor
This is pretty much what happened. Hermes won't even talk to me and they've told me to speak to seller. I finally get hold of the seller who promised me to e mail form. That happened about 3 days ago. No sign of form yet. I guess I won't get money back ever as seller does not really want to help me.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Monica2016

Have you left feedback for that seller yet then??     Smiley Wink

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Monica2016
Contributor
Contributor
Yep and believe me it wasn't a positive one!😏
Login to Me Too

STOTTYCAKE8
Contributor
Contributor

Having exactly the same problem and apparently my parcel was picked up in a shop, don't even know where, and signed for by someone who said they were me!  Seller gave me a partial refund but neither ebay, or PayPal will refund even when explaining. So much for buyer protection. I also had another parcel 'disappear by same deliverers -Yodel, yet have just ordered and had delivered items today from another seller. I have never had a problem before but this is making me have second thoughts about ebay and pay pal protection!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.