Refund "completed" but no money there?

flutterby
Contributor
Contributor

Hi there,
I noticed an unauthorised payment on my account last night, three actually, that had happened just fifteen minutes earlier. Luckily I reported them immediately as unauthorised and today I have received emails that state I have been refunded, and upon logging into my PayPal account, it states the refunds have been completed (the email states I was refunded back to my PP account) however, my PP account is still on £0.00
I have not purchased anything else. I just don't know if there is a set amount of time I need to wait for the refund, or should it have been refunded immediately?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@flutterby

If the unauthorised payments were sourced from a debit or credit card then it won't go back to your paypal balance.

Once marked as completed it will automatically go back to your bank account or credit card but takes up to a week to process through to the bank and a bit longer for a c.c (paypal say allow 30 days but I have never waited longer than a week for mine).

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

flutterby
Contributor
Contributor
Thanks Kernowlass, I'll keep my eye on my bank account and see if it gets refunded into there.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.