Refund placed on temporary hold

Bex92
Contributor
Contributor
So I got a refund from a seller on ebay on Monday the 27th. On Wednesday the 29th the money for the product in waiting for a refund for was taken out of my bank account. Today, Thursday the 30th my refund is still on temporary hold. When can I expect my money back?
Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Bex92

A please would have been nice.

>>>

When you send a bank funded Instant Transfer payment, two things happen simultaneously:

- PayPal sends a request to your bank for the funds for the transaction. It takes 3-7 business days for funds to come from your bank.

- PayPal pays the seller up front for you, instantly, so that the seller will not delay in processing your order.

When refund or cancellation occurs for that payment within a few days of it being sent, the funds that PayPal paid up front for you are returned.

However, the funds from your bank account are still in transit. They haven't reached your PayPal account yet.

As soon as those funds clear, they are available for you to use or withdraw.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Bex92
Contributor
Contributor
@kernowlass Sorry was just feeling a little frustrated and my manners slipped. I do apologise. So, even though the funds have been taken from my account and also appearing on my statement, does this not mean paypal have received it? I'm pretty new to the world of paypal so it's all a bit alien to me. Thanks in advance
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Bex92

No unfortunately paypal uses electronic and not wire transfer ( cheaper i guess) so it takes 5-7 days as it goes via automated clearing.

Thats why paypal normally credit your seller when you pay someone by bank transfer and then they wait for the funds to get to paypal to reimburse them.

So your seller was credited and then made the refund but paypal are still waiting for your actual bank transfer to play catch up.

Thats why we have confused buyers on here saying their item has been despatched but the funds not left their bank account yet.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.