Refund pending

Parad0xz
Contributor
Contributor
Spoiler

Hello Paypal Community

Im new to refunds on Paypal thats why I  am not sure if this is normal or not but my refund is pending for almost 9 days now the refund was issued on  22th of July but as I said its still pending. Does anyone have experience with this ? How long does it take on average and is this a problem on the seller or paypals end ? 

Should I contact Paypal or the seller directly ? Any advice ? 

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Parad0xz

but well its already longer than 7 days but we'll see.

5-7 business days   and its only been 5 so far.

How long should I keep waiting before I conctact the support ?

Until it gets to 7 business days i guess or it fails before that.

I am ok with paypal things but am not a ''techie'' so you will have to wait for someone else to answer the second part of your query   Smiley Happy

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Parad0xz

A seller can only issue a refund via funds in their paypal balance or an echeque.
So if its an echeque it has to clear through from the sellers bank account > paypal > and then it is credited to you and the hold lifted.

Can take 5-7 working days so should clear pretty soon now hopefully.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Parad0xz
Contributor
Contributor

thanks for the quick reply I already read what u wrote on another thread but well its already longer than 7 days but we'll see.

On anohter problem I have a 2nd problem I already read topics about this issue too but I couldnt come to a solution. For 4 days now I cant use the Paypal App on my Smartphone. I have  a Samsung S6 Edge so it should be compatible it also worked prior to that. I see you are really active and that for a considerable amount of time now you are awesome ! 

Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Parad0xz

but well its already longer than 7 days but we'll see.

5-7 business days   and its only been 5 so far.

Until it gets to 7 business days i guess or it fails before that.

I am ok with paypal things but am not a ''techie'' so you will have to wait for someone else to answer the second part of your query   Smiley Happy

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Parad0xz
Contributor
Contributor

okay today the money was refunded I was just wondering because this was the first time I got a refund . After I reinstalled the app it didnt immediatly work again but a while later I was able to login again so topic closed thanks for the advice @kernowlass

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.