Refund payment sent to removed card

dimikara
Contributor
Contributor

Hello everybody! I might sound silly but i have a problem.. I received a refund yesterday to my Paypal account that was supposed to be added to my card's balance (debit card). The problem is that prior to receiving the payment i had the card removed from my account. Now, i re-linked my card to Paypal as before and while i can see the transaction in my Activity page, the payment is nowhere to be found! A little help to sort this out would by greatly appreciated!

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_Dian

Hi Dimikara, 

Thank you for posting in our Community. 

I understand that a refund was made when your card was not active on the account. 

We will always refund the money back to the card that was used in the original transaction. The card doesn't have to be active on the account in order for us to complete the refund :). 

The refund will just go to the card that was used. Please keep in mind that it can take up to 30 business days, in most cases it will only take up to 7.

I hope this information helps. 

Dian

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

PayPal_Dian

Hi Dimikara, 

Thank you for posting in our Community. 

I understand that a refund was made when your card was not active on the account. 

We will always refund the money back to the card that was used in the original transaction. The card doesn't have to be active on the account in order for us to complete the refund :). 

The refund will just go to the card that was used. Please keep in mind that it can take up to 30 business days, in most cases it will only take up to 7.

I hope this information helps. 

Dian

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.