Refund paid to the lost credit card, where is my money?

IvyJackson
New Community Member

Hi. British Airway refunded 200 pounds back to my credit card. In my Paypal account, the balance is 0 and it appeared that the money has been debited back to the card.

However, the problem is I already lost that card, now I have a new one. They refund money back to the lost card. Now I don't know where my money is. My back account doesnt have any refund debited. 

Will Paypal or bank know that my card is lost and pay back the refund to my bank account? Any idea about where the refund is and what I should do to get it back? Thank you.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

PayPal_AdrianO

Hey there,

Even though your debit card is cancelled it is still associated with your bank account so the refund should appear 2 to 3 working days after it completes from PayPal. Some banks can take up to 30 days to process a refund to your account so if you don’t see it after the 3rd working day you should contact them.

Login to Me Too

temp01242012y
Contributor
Contributor

So in my case, I have reported lost credit card (PayPal debit cards) and Amazon will issue the refund to that card. It used $75 from my PayPal fund and $35 from my bank account. How the refund is going to be refunded?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.