Refund is still Pending

RMKMBR
Contributor
Contributor

I open up a Case on eBay & after that Seller Provided me a Refund but it is still in Pending status. In eBay they said that Refund should be Cleared on 16th of November 2015 but in PayPal says Expected Clearence Date is 17th of November 2015.

But still I haven't Received the Refund it is Still in Pending Status ,

I'm really dissapoited !!

Please Help Me !! This is the First Time I Experience an Issue like this !

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@RMKMBR

Clearance date is an estimate as banks have differing processing times and >>

A seller can only issue a refund via funds in their paypal balance or an echeque.
So if its an echeque it has to clear through from the sellers bank account > paypal > and then it is credited to you and the hold lifted.

This is because paypal don't "refund in advance" like they do when you pay for an item and they credit the seller in advance for you and take the wait for the funds to process through to them.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@RMKMBR

Clearance date is an estimate as banks have differing processing times and >>

A seller can only issue a refund via funds in their paypal balance or an echeque.
So if its an echeque it has to clear through from the sellers bank account > paypal > and then it is credited to you and the hold lifted.

This is because paypal don't "refund in advance" like they do when you pay for an item and they credit the seller in advance for you and take the wait for the funds to process through to them.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

RMKMBR
Contributor
Contributor
Already PayPal Cleared it as on time they said !
Login to Me Too

My problem is slightly different....

When I paid for the ebay item I bought, I accidently used an old and CLOSED bank account that was still linked to paypal (cause I was too lazy to delete it) instead of my credit card.  I had no balance in my paypal account.   Once Paypal showed a negative balance i had to make the payment to the collections department to get it cleared up.  WHEW!  I know right?  

Now the seller has refunded me, but it still shows pending.  Is the method of original payment going to cause a problem with my refund?  

Help!

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Sophie

Hi Hate2JoinForums,

Thanks for posting about this. The refund should not be affected by the original funding source. If the seller has refunded you correctly, the money would be posted back to your PayPal balance once it clears through.

Any other issues or concerns, please contact Customer Support directly so we can provide specific details about your transaction.

Thanks!

Sophie

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.