Refund is missing

Gadgey1
Contributor
Contributor
Hi peeps I received a refund from someone on 7/11/17 I had the email saying I had received it and that it was going to go back into my bank account by I have checked and it's not there y is this ??
Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

Jack_M
Contributor
Contributor

You can view the status of your refund in your Activity. Here’s how:

1. Go to Activity.
  2. Click Advanced search to see the dropdown menu.
  3. Select Refunds.
  4. If needed, select the desired date range to see your refund.
  5. Click the refunded transaction to view the details.

Where is your refund sent?

How your PayPal payment was funded determines how your refund is returned:

• If your payment came from your card, it will be refunded to that card. Depending on your card issuer, it may take up to 30 days to complete a refund.
  • If your payment came from either your bank account or your PayPal balance, it will be refunded to your PayPal balance.
  • If you paid part with your PayPal balance and the rest with your debit or credit card, PayPal will refund the amount paid by debit or credit card directly to the card, and the rest to the PayPal balance.

Is your refund pending?
There are a few reasons why your refund might be pending, such as:

• The refund was sent to an email address that isn't confirmed. PayPal payments can't complete until the recipient's email address is confirmed on their PayPal account.
  • Banking delays are holding up the refund. Banking delays can sometimes delay refunds by up to 5 working days.

Refunded or Partially Refunded: If your refund status is Refunded or Partially Refunded, it means that the refund is complete. The money should be back in your PayPal balance or on your card.

Please wait until around 12th November 2017 for your refund to be credited to the card / bank account used.

Login to Me Too

Gadgey1
Contributor
Contributor
It is saying that it is completed when I go on my PayPal account how is this ?
Login to Me Too

Jack_M
Contributor
Contributor

"It is saying that it is completed when I go on my PayPal account how is this ?"

If the transaction for the refund has been completed on PayPal, this means that the funds have reached the bank. Please allow a further 24 hours for the refund to show on your account / statement. If it does not appear by the previously mentioned date, please contact customer support by phone.

Login to Me Too

Gadgey1
Contributor
Contributor
Also I'm not getting an option to do an advanced search after I click on activity
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.