Refund into closed PayPal account?

Frazz89
Contributor
Contributor

I bought an item a few months ago through Argos outlet on eBay. It is now faulty and has been sent back and I am to get a refund.

The problem is my PayPal account at the time was linked to a card from outside the UK (HSBC Malta)

As I have now moved to the UK, and got a UK account, I had to close my old account and open a new one as I was moving countries.

Just wondering where that will put my refund now? I still have the Maltese bank account and card, I set up the new PayPal account with the same email address.

Will this be sent directly to my Maltese bank account since the original PayPal account no longer exists? Will it go to my new PayPal account that is set up with the same email address?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Siobhán

Hi @Frazz89,

Apologies for the delay and welcome to the community. Good question, the refund will process back to the card directly so regardless of if the PayPal account is open or closed, you should still be credited back to the original card used to make this payment. Once your bank accepts the refund then you should have no problems, refunds can take up to 30 days to complete.

Hope this helps,

Siobhán

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.