Refund help please

Dave81Uk
Contributor
Contributor

Hi

I bought a used mobile which turned out to be blocked so its useless.I opened a case on paypal on the grounds of 'Item not as described' to get a refund which the sellar agreed to as soon as he got the phone returned to him which i did first class recorded.Now the seller is saying  the funds he transfered from his bank to refund me are locked and pending in his Paypal account and untill i mark the problem as solved in paypal he cant refund me.My gut feeling is that if i mark the case has resolved ill never hear from this guy again.please advise on what to do-thanks

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Dave81Uk

I would let paypal know what you have done and do not return it unless they tell you to and they will tell you the address to return it to.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Dave81Uk

He is talking rubbish, if you have not already opened a dispute then do so, if you have not escalated to a claim then do so and provide paypal with the tracking number of the returned item.

Make sure you put all the info into the dispute before you escalate to a claim and DO NOT close it until you have a cleared refund.

If the phone was blocked then it may have been stolen so if you had reported it to the police and got a crime number OR told the seller you were going to do so then you may have been refunded without having to return it.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Dave81Uk
Contributor
Contributor

thanks for the reply Kernolass

I discovered today that the phone is being returned to me by royal mail because they were unable to deliver it to sellers address.

I contacted the seller and it turns out the Paypal account he is using is his daughters therefor the address i returned the phone to is his daughters.The weird thing is Royail mail didnt try to leave a ticket or anything they just decided to return the package straight away.Anyway i contacted the seller and he has given me his correct address now so maybe it is just an honest mix up.If it should fail to be delivered again to the new address though shall i just escalite this to paypal? The cost of all this is starting to add up!

Thanks

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Dave81Uk

For buyer protection you had to send the item to the address of the seller.

I would escalate to a claim now and put in everything that has happened including what the seller is asking you to do now AND the fact the phone was blocked PLUS the tracking number showing the item was not delivered for whatever reason.

THEN i would phone customer services and explain what happened and state you are unhappy paying to have a blocked phone returned again and they ''should'' refund you.

Click on the words "Contact" at the bottom of your paypal account summary page and use the phone option (if there is one in the country you are in) > click on the "call us" option on the left (fees "may" apply so check the cost with your phone tariff first, as you sometimes have to wait a while to connect).

When you get through don't select any options just hang on till you get transfered to an agent or say the word "agent".

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Dave81Uk
Contributor
Contributor

thanks again Kernowlass 🙂

So your saying if i return the phone again to the new address the seller gave me and it doesnt match the address on the sellers paypal account i wont be buyer protected? All my correspondance is documented in paypal including the fact that the address is his daughters ect

thanks again

Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Dave81Uk

I would let paypal know what you have done and do not return it unless they tell you to and they will tell you the address to return it to.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Dave81Uk
Contributor
Contributor

ok  will do and thanks again 🙂

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.