Refund from insolvent company

BC1973
Contributor
Contributor

Hi all. Is there any way that I can get a refund through PayPal from a company that I purchased items from that how now declared itself insolvent? I returned two items to them for a refund and then a day later the news broke. I have emailed them direct twice and called them but have not received any return contact. They are also still trading online by the looks of things.

Does PayPal offer any security againt things like this?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@BC1973

Hi, you can open a dispute for ''item received but not as described'' if that is what they were.

But if not paypal may find against you, worth a shot though as long as you have a tracking number for the return.

If not then if you funded your paypal payment via a card then talk to your card issuer and see if they will do a chargeback for you.

You also have the option of the small claims court but if they have ceased trading you may be ''in a queue''.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

_newt_
Contributor
Contributor

@BC1973 you would need to open a dispute in the resolution centre and provide proof that you returned the items with tracking info. Hope this helps 🙂

Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@BC1973

Hi, you can open a dispute for ''item received but not as described'' if that is what they were.

But if not paypal may find against you, worth a shot though as long as you have a tracking number for the return.

If not then if you funded your paypal payment via a card then talk to your card issuer and see if they will do a chargeback for you.

You also have the option of the small claims court but if they have ceased trading you may be ''in a queue''.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.