Refund for a payment to a cancelled credit card

Ophelia276
Hi there, I bought something in February using a credit card registered on my paypal account. Since then I have been accepted for a better credit card and have transferred my balance, paid it off and closed that credit card account. I have also deleted the card details off paypal. I have finally received my order and would like to return some of the items, but I am concerned what would happen to the refund, as I no longer have an"account" with that credit card company...? I have been unsuccessful finding relevant information online, so hoping someone here can help? Thanks, Esh
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Dian

Hi Ophelia276, 

Thanks for posting your question in our community, sorry that you did not receive a reply. 

If you paid with a card PayPal needs to refund that money back to that card as that is the agreement we have with the card issuer. If you have cancelled everything with that card issuer I would advise to contact them to see what options they can offer you so that you can still receive that refund. We will not be able to send the money to another account but I am sure they can resolve this for you :). 

Dian

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.