Refund error

ssrmum
Contributor
Contributor

I refunded someone by mistake .I have asked for it to be payed back to me but no reply yet.

I was told to go through resolution but it doesnt cover my problem .

I cant say its unautorised as it wont let me continue .

This person hasnt left feedback on the goods they brought from me either so im a bit worried they will leave negative feedback if i persue it .

What can i do?

Can someone help me please?

Thank you in advance 

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Ah ok, but could someone not phone them for you?

Its amazing how a quick phone call can sort out a load of problems.

Good luck.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Sorry but paypal cannot force a buyer to pay back a refund.

All you can do is communicate with your buyer and hope they re-pay you voluntarily.

I would try sending them a money request from paypal with a note enclosed explaining what has happened.

If the refund has completed and the buyer paid via a debit or credit card then it could take up to a week to show back on their card so they may not think the refund has gone through yet or be unwilling to pay you until the refund has hit their funding source.

If the transaction is still open which it should be as they have not left feedback yet then you can get their telephone number via advanced search top of ebay pages > contact member left column > fill in the info and ebay will email you their telephone number.

The last thing i would worry about would be feedback, do you think the odd red dot on a website is going to affect you that much?? 

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

ssrmum
Contributor
Contributor

Hi

Thank you for your advice .I did wonder if i could get a refund .I had a feeling it couldnt be forced .

I have a feeling ill have to chalk it up to experience .Bit sickening as what i refunded was the amount paid for the goods .Oh well ,ill cross my fingers and hope they are an honest person .

I guess thats what i get for being so honest to refund on postage as it cost less .

I need to  watch more carefully 

Thank you again 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Gosh you give up easily if you won't make a simple phone call to them    Smiley Surprised

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

ssrmum
Contributor
Contributor

Hi

Im not good on the phone as i had a stroke that left my speech impaired so im not comfortable doing it 

Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Ah ok, but could someone not phone them for you?

Its amazing how a quick phone call can sort out a load of problems.

Good luck.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

ssrmum
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you very much for your help.

Ill request the funds first then ask someone to phone for me 

Thank you again Smiley Happy

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.