Refund - When can I expect to see it in my account?

simp90
Contributor
Contributor

I ordered some items from a company and was notified these items were not in stock, I paid via the paypal option on their website. I have an instant transfer setup between my bank account and paypal. Paypal seem to have a "temporary hold" on my refund. When can I expect to see the money back into my paypal account?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Two reasons for a hold on refunds.

1. When you pay a seller it is never instant, paypal pays the seller for you and then starts the process of uploading your funds from your funding source. If the seller refunds before that payment has completed then you have to wait till it clears through to paypal then the refund is credited to you.

2. If your payment has processed then something goes wrong and the seller has to refund you. Then if the seller has no funds in their paypal balance they will fund the refund with an echeque but that takes a few days to clear, as soon as it clears the hold is lifted and your refund is credited to you.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Two reasons for a hold on refunds.

1. When you pay a seller it is never instant, paypal pays the seller for you and then starts the process of uploading your funds from your funding source. If the seller refunds before that payment has completed then you have to wait till it clears through to paypal then the refund is credited to you.

2. If your payment has processed then something goes wrong and the seller has to refund you. Then if the seller has no funds in their paypal balance they will fund the refund with an echeque but that takes a few days to clear, as soon as it clears the hold is lifted and your refund is credited to you.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

simp90
Contributor
Contributor

Ah ok, thanks for your help 🙂

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.