Refund Pending.

LukeHaych
Contributor
Contributor

Right, made a payment to a family member on the 12th of this month, to whiich he made a refund, i am aware that paypal pay on my behalf as it was a bank transfer and paypal wait for the money to clear from my bank before issuing the refund. However, the money cleeared tuesday and its still pending. im confused and its messing me up cus i need to order the part for my car so i can go places but its still on hold so stopping me from doing so

any help would be much appreciated as when u try to call you have to jump through a bunch of hoops to actually get through to an advisor

thanks a bunch

Kind Regards

Luke

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@LukeHaych

Paypal uses electronic and not wire bank transfer which is much slower (cheaper I guess).

So even though its cleared from your bank account it does not mean that paypal has it yet > it has to go via automated clearing and takes 5-7 working days.

If you paid via bank transfer then it won't go back to your bank it will go back to your paypal balance and you can spend it from there OR withdraw it back to your bank account.

If you used a debit card then post back as that would be a different answer.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@LukeHaych

Paypal uses electronic and not wire bank transfer which is much slower (cheaper I guess).

So even though its cleared from your bank account it does not mean that paypal has it yet > it has to go via automated clearing and takes 5-7 working days.

If you paid via bank transfer then it won't go back to your bank it will go back to your paypal balance and you can spend it from there OR withdraw it back to your bank account.

If you used a debit card then post back as that would be a different answer.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

ShelleyD
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi LukeHaych

Welcome to the Community!

Although the funds left your bank account, it is still a processing payment. It takes approximately 5 working days to complete into your PayPal balance. Due to the recent bank holidays Good Friday and Easter Monday, it is taking slightly longer, today is the 4th working day, so funds should clear into your balance tomorrow.  

- ShelleyD Smiley Happy

Login to Me Too

LukeHaych
Contributor
Contributor

thanks for the replies gys, hope its back in tomorrow, how long is the wait when i withdraw back into bank is it instant or takes several days ? thanks

kind regards

Luke

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@LukeHaych

Withdrawals in the UK are normally 2 hours but allow 24 hours.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

LukeHaych
Contributor
Contributor

@kernowlass

Ok Buddy, thanks for the reply

have a lovely day

kind regards

Luke

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor
your welcome

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.