Receiving Payment

Peter915
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, I recently bought an item on ebay with a debit card. I soon decided to cancel the order and put "I didn't pay for this item" when canceling the order because it told me to finish paying at checkout. I tried to buy another item on ebay, but my card was declined. I checked the balance of my card and the money wasn't refunded even though I didn't really pay for it. Is this normal? How long will it take until my money is refunded?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Anna

Hi Peter915,

Thank you for posting and welcome to the Community Forum!

I’m very sorry to hear the situation.

Have you checked if there is no payment on your PayPal account and if the refund has been completed?

If you can see that the refund is ‘Completed’ it means that the funds were sent back to your card, however it may take few business days for the refund to clear.

Regrettably we can’t see your account details here. If you need any further assistance, I would recommend you calling PayPal Customer Services by clicking onto Contact us on any PayPal page as they will be able to review the account and advice the best course of action.

We also provide support via Social Media (24/7). You can contact us directly on Twitter @AskPayPal or on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/PayPalUK.

Hope it helps.

Anna

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.