Re: refunds

Amadou12355
I've recently got refunds on my account but the card I used to pay for my goods ain't valid anymore. I wanted to know how to get PayPal to pay the refunds into my new card and not the old one
Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

Nom_Nom_Noms
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Amadou12355,

I'm assuming that the new card is still issued by the same bank/card issuer? Card refund will just simply show up on your next statement in 30 days or usually in just 5-7 business days from the date of the refund even if you have been issued with a new card.

I hope this helps.

Login to Me Too

Amadou12355
Hi nom_nom_noms Thanks for the reply and yeah the new card is from the same bank. So what you saying is...the refunds will still go back to my account even if my old card ain't valid anymore right.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

You should talk to your bank or card issuer.

They should see the incoming refund and should be able to credit it to your new card.

Failing that if it does not happen paypal can put a trace on it but you have to wait 30 calender days first.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Nom_Nom_Noms
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, you are correct. This is a similar process when you use a guest checkout. Even if the card that you use is no logger valid as long as the bank is still open the refund will still be posted. PayPal will not ask for the new card because technically you didnt open a PayPal and because its a guest checkout. Refund flow is automatic without human intervention to avoid mistake.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.