Re-open a closed dispute?

Liamljm
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

About a week ago i purchased a virtual item known as a "runescape account" for $50. However after 3 days the account was taken back by the seller and no refund was given. I opened a dispute but then accidently closed it, and now when i try to re-open one it wont let me. Is there anyway of re-opening the dispute? Is there any way of getting my money back?

Login to Me Too
14 REPLIES 14

GeoM
New Community Member

Exactly the same happen to me almost. The difference is they sent me an email that in order to refund my money I'll have to close the dispute. Once i close it they never answer back. If i can prove that they agreed for refund and they never did it, why PayPal give support to they're customers to re-open the dispute ? This is seems to be scamming and PayPal is just offering support.

Runscape it's seems to be professional scammers. I sent 2 emails to PayPal support team to ask for help and it's saying in about 24 hours I will have an answer but has been gone days since. Disappointing how scammers like this they are let to get away.

Login to Me Too

DDCGB
New Community Member

There are also people who get the stuff they ordered and then open a dispute after they received there demand. Paypal don't really look into it they just snatch the money out your account it has happened to me more than 5 time and I replied with valid prove.Then the stupid person turns around and buys from me again.I'm not selling you anything.

Login to Me Too

lovelyspam
Contributor
Contributor

I think perhaps the latest comments are a slightly different take on the re-open a closed dispute into an "Appeal" dispute closed in the other parties favour ( which I am sure there are honest people out there , appealing one where you won is probably a very rare event !!)

I would go along with those comments that it is a weakness in the hard nosed approach of NO that conditions do change. The best and clearest example being someone being refunded based on not receiving an item , often far too quickly whilst a third party delivery information is retreived in the cases of held re-delivery items. Then the claimant receives the item , as you have told them the item in at there local delivery office because it could not be delivered. Meanwhile they are refunded . As a seller you are truly lost then .  You cant claim non delivery , you cant get you item back , you cant get you money back.

As in all this however , whilst venting in a community forum can give short term comfort to affect change you need to always take the time to contact paypal direct and make sure you have let them know of this shortcoming and ideally in a written form , such as a customer satisfaction survey.  That way you benefit all , including Paypal by making the system better .

Login to Me Too

Jason1911
Contributor
Contributor

Because paypal will not re-open cases, digital good vendors are using this as a loophole to require physical shipping of the digital goods in order to say that the goods were never returned.

I got burned for $400 because of this.

Thanks PAYPAL for nothing.

I am now cancelling the payment with my credit card company directly.

Login to Me Too

JB31234145
Contributor
Contributor

paypal assisted mlx-store.com in ripping me off. Software for firstdata payment gateway I purchased from them did not work. Opened dispute and paypal closed dispute stating that there is no buyer protection for intangible items.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.