REFUNDS

Anonymous_User
Not applicable

Hi

I purchased a item via "Pay after Delivery"...item didnt fit so I returned it then I was refunded the amount back to my Paypal balance (Pending it states) but the same day this happened the transaction then left my bank account....So my Paypal account states ive received a full refund but I havent as money has now left my bank account.

Will this correct itself and actually get a full refund?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Anonymous_User

www.paypal-community.com/t5/forums/replypage/board-id/refunds_cancel/message-id/35860

When you use your bank account to pay, an 'Instant Bank Transfer' becomes your funding source. Despite this name, the money actually takes 5-7 working days to clear from your bank. The reason the payment to your seller completes instantly is because PayPal fund this on your behalf and wait for your bank transaction to clear. If you're refunded before the transfer completes, the refund is placed on hold to make sure the original transfer clears from your bank.

Your refund will complete within 5-7 working days from the date of your original payment. Once the money has cleared from your bank it will be added to your PayPal balance.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Anonymous_User

www.paypal-community.com/t5/forums/replypage/board-id/refunds_cancel/message-id/35860

When you use your bank account to pay, an 'Instant Bank Transfer' becomes your funding source. Despite this name, the money actually takes 5-7 working days to clear from your bank. The reason the payment to your seller completes instantly is because PayPal fund this on your behalf and wait for your bank transaction to clear. If you're refunded before the transfer completes, the refund is placed on hold to make sure the original transfer clears from your bank.

Your refund will complete within 5-7 working days from the date of your original payment. Once the money has cleared from your bank it will be added to your PayPal balance.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Ironicallyihelp
Contributor
Contributor

Recieved a refund a its just setting I can't use it at all PayPal is full of **bleep** instead they hold on to the money so that they can monetize I'm not fooled I have other things to do besides leave my money with paypal

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.