Quicker way to get refund from faulty seller?

zax
Contributor
Contributor

Hey, I just bought some shoes on a site called Grailed for $350. Not even 2 hours after I bought them the seller got banned for scamming because the pictures he used in listings were that of another used clothing website.

I immediately opened an item not revieced case, since Grailed uses PayPal invoice, but I am wondering if there is a faster way. I don't want my $350 stuck in limbo for 2 weeks. I am also wondering if this was maybe the wrong case to open, but I figured it was better than "unauthorized" since I did technically buy them.

Thanks for the help.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@zax

Glad you did not open unauthorised access dispute as that would be telling paypal that your account was hacked and used without your consent. They would find out that was untrue and your claim would have been closed and you would not have been able to open another dispute.

So opening non receipt is good but its a set process and there is no way to hurry it up.

Put in all the information on the dispute and escalate it to a claim when you get that option and then paypal will review it.

BUT if you receive the shoes in the meantime before the dispute has finished then if they are misdescribed DO NOT close the dispute as there is an option to change the dispute FROM non receipt to not as described.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@zax

Glad you did not open unauthorised access dispute as that would be telling paypal that your account was hacked and used without your consent. They would find out that was untrue and your claim would have been closed and you would not have been able to open another dispute.

So opening non receipt is good but its a set process and there is no way to hurry it up.

Put in all the information on the dispute and escalate it to a claim when you get that option and then paypal will review it.

BUT if you receive the shoes in the meantime before the dispute has finished then if they are misdescribed DO NOT close the dispute as there is an option to change the dispute FROM non receipt to not as described.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.