Pitney Bowes, Inc. - again.

timleg002
Contributor
Contributor

Hello. I am Tim and I am from Slovakia.

Yesterday I won auction for a keyboard and purchased it 5 hours after it (ended in midnight). I paid total $99,67 USD. The keyboard itself costed $50 roughly, and they charged me in the same payment (!) another $15. So I had payment of eBay - RayC.Incor Shop and paid $65.00 which is 52.50€, that was charged from my credit card. Then I paid $34.67 for that Pitney Bowes shipping and "customs clearance", and I was charged 28.00€ from my credit card. I think the Pitney Bowes thingy is scam, because I paid for shipping in the payment for that eBay seller. ($15 - which is somewhat acceptable). And because PayPal is owned by eBay, I can't report the Pitney Bowes payment alone - I need to report eBay and that Pitney Bowes payment in one claim (because they support that Pitney Bowes scam). In the Pitney Bowes payment it says shipping $14.90 and import charges $19.77. I have read that they ship over USPS, so they don't have to pay any customs duties. Can someone help me?

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@timleg002

Pitney bowes has nothing to do with shipping.

Its the customs fee you pay your own government when you 'import' things into your country.

No different than declaring goods to customs when you go abroad and bring back items that you should pay customs duty on.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

timleg002
Contributor
Contributor

Why I paid it to Pitney Bowes then? I am ordering things from China with free shipping, and no charges, but I need to pay for shipping from America?

Also.. Pitney Bowes "ships" my item. Also I heard they are not giving customs declaration for items. Also its just $50 keyboard...

Login to Me Too

timleg002
Contributor
Contributor

Also, I ordered something from America last year, for free shipping, and now I have to pay? 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.