Pending Refund: Scam Case

Salman_S
Contributor
Contributor

Ok so I went through a weird situation,

So I found a Camera DSLR that was going for $975 on Facebook.

And after we made the deal and everything was going well. I found out I was being scammed by this guy, who actually sent me his "friends" account to make the payment to.

After finding out that I was being scammed, the guy actually blocked me through Facebook.

I filed a dispute straight away, though it seems like he might have moved the money I sent to him to another account, which I'm assuming.

The "Seller" didn't respond within 10 days, so I was given a refund by Paypal which has been Pending since the 21st.

Now I do understand that it might take 5-7 days for things to clear up and me receiving my money back.

However I was wondering what would happen if the account I was receiving the refund from had no money.

Im pretty worried at the moment, as the amount is large and I do need it back.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

If you win a dispute and the seller does not refund then paypal will refund you under their buyer protection programme. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Salman_S
Contributor
Contributor

And before you ask, Yes I did make the payment through the goods/services.

I also wanted to add that, the sellers account is originated in the UK.

And mine in the US.

Don't know if that helps, or makes it worse.

Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

If you win a dispute and the seller does not refund then paypal will refund you under their buyer protection programme. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.